GIC - Green Investment Corporation
GIC (Green Investment Corporation) focuses on Green Development of Properties. We view ourselves as partners with our clients, our suppliers, our employees, our communities and our environment. We must all experience a positive difference after interaction with one another. Our aim is to be one of the leading Private Green Property Developers in Gauteng over the next 3 years and nationally over the next 5 years. We are addressing the needs of our prospective clients targeted at the higher income groups (R1.8 million – R10 million) in a Gated Estate. The intention is to list GIC in 5 years’ time as we migrate from crowd funding to securing funding through listing on the JSE.
LTM Group is working with government through the DOE programme on rolling out off-grid homes in the lower tier markets. 5500x105W homes in the rural areas have been completed to date and 39x4KW units have been executed through Coega Development Corporation (CDC).
The objective is to build secure, green developments with most of the required amenities situated within or close to the developments. The residents of our developments must feel satisfied with the green property investment that they have made; and thus, become proud ambassadors in mitigating the risk of adverse effects of climate change.
40% of all the energy consumed in South Africa every year is used for heating or cooling homes and commercial buildings. Modern insulation, fiberglass composite windows and draft reducing doors combined with passive solar design and the use of solar panels could cut that energy usage in half. Other energy efficient technologies can further decrease energy usage and there are many out there in the market.
LTM Group through its Green Investment Corporation (GIC) subsidiary have embarked on such an initiative and this could be used as a blueprint for future residential developments in South Africa.
The main objectives are to affirm the following top 10 points as you migrate from a consumer to a prosumer.
- Going green does not compromise comfort and convenience
- Going green does not compromise on aesthetics
- Effective building cost per square metre of an energy efficient and “off-grid”/grid-tied home is comparable to conventional building cost per square metre
- Off-grid or grid-tied (electricity is back up) homes rely very little on electricity and water services. Therefore, it is safer and more comfortable if utility supplies were compromised for some reason. Our blueprint gives a reliable source of energy for disaster/emergency/constrained situations. It would not lose total power or water for public essential appliances
- Pilot net metering: Excess power generated by the home or office solar system can be fed back into the grid, and net metering can actually turn your meter backwards, earning you “profit” from the power company. If, during an emergency or inclement weather, you need to draw on grid-based electricity, the cost is lowered as a net result or may even be free
- Energy efficiency does not cost more factoring in the life cycle costing. Going green saves you more in the long run
- Renewable energy that uses PV, is commercially viable given the drastic PV price reduction and future electricity price hikes
- Going green reduces your carbon footprint and hence the impact on the environment
- Going green does not compromise project timelines
- Going green does not contribute to noise pollution (Generators vs PV)
gic properties for sale
PROPERTIES FOR SALE:
The land & properties below held by GIC (Green Investment Corporation),a subsidiary of LTM Energy, will be sold at below the market price to raise capital for 2 local manufacturing opportunities that LTM Energy is presented with. More details of each property are listed. LTM intends on putting the power back in people’s hands where they become self-reliant and mitigate the risk of load shedding as well as reducing their carbon footprint.
tel(c): +27 082 4155045 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Jayshree Pillay
tel(c): 082 458 7225 / email@example.com
GOLD COAST ESTATE (SIBAYA, KZN) STAND F12
STAND SIZE: 600m²
PROPERTY SIZE: 341 m²
Ideal holiday home in brand new secure estate, situated close to the beach, clubhouse, 24-hour access control
PROPERTY PLAN DETAILS:
3 en-suite bedrooms, master suite with walk-in closet, study, separate guest toilet, double garage, open-plan lounge, dining room & kitchen opening onto balcony (separate scullery). Overlooking the club house and have views and access to the beach.
Market value R3.5m. Land with approved plans. Offers from R2,5m